Had a lovely drive to work this morning! Got lots of thinking done on my drive because I didn’t want to turn on the radio and hear them saying “If you don’t have to be on the roads – STAY HOME”. Thankfully I just had my winter tires put on yesterday. Unfortunately I had to make full use of them this morning. Oh, trust me, I didn’t want to come in to work today but I have a meeting tonight that’s really important, time sensitive, should most definitely not be postponed, AND about a 45 minute drive further from my house than my office is, so by coming to work I got half the drive over with. Here’s a pic of my drive this morning – it’s actually a paved 2 lane highway, but everyone drives down the middle of it when we get snow, until you meet oncoming traffic of course.
And then… surprise detour! Just because the terrible road conditions aren’t enough to add stress to the commute, let’s have to take a detour along some gravel side roads which are barely wide enough for one vehicle.
Things I’m thankful for today:
– Standard transmissions, knowing how to drive standard, and owning a standard
– Winter tires and having them on my car in perfect timing
– The heater in my office
– That I can choose a slightly longer commute to work that has less traffic
– a job where I don’t get in trouble if I’m late to work.
Things I’m not thankful for today:
– My bladder. That one cup of a coffee on the hour long commute was really stressing it out.
– The fact that the oh-so-important meeting was just cancelled by people who would have had to travel less than 10 minutes to get there
Couple more things to add to the I’m thankful for list:
– my bladder being able to hold out til I got to work.
– Not having to go to a meeting tonight after work now, so I can go home instead while it’s still light out maybe.